Thursday, September 3, 2009

summertime



As, little by little, the freshness of fall starts to peak it's head through summer's muggy blanket, I feel a stirring of fresh hope that it heralds a new season in our lives.

A season of healing.

New beginnings. Fresh starts.

But also a season of completions, conclusions, consummations.


"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion."*


***************


In marking the conclusion of summer, I've assembled another ubiquitous family photo album. It helps me to remind myself that tragedy does not preclude joy. That laughter can penetrate a heavy weight of sadness. That the glass is MUCH MORE than half full.

And, by golly, we still know how to have fun.

If you happen to be one who enjoys looking at other people's boring pictures...or one for whom a picture is an excellent intercessory prayer aid...you're invited to click on the link below:






OH wow, I just imprinted a slide show by mistake. How cool is that??

Grandma learned a new trick!

I'll go back and try the link thing again in case it doesn't end up working:


http://picasaweb.google.com/kta2754/Summer


I don't think that's right, either. I'll keep playing with it.

Maybe click on this?



In the meantime, enjoy the slide show before I mess that up.


May blessings fall upon your head!


Love, Kim


(*Phil. 1:6)

3 comments:

emily said...

Thank You! Thank you for sharing a part of your life with us. It does my heart good to see your family not just surviving but thriving!

Anonymous said...

Little sweet baby James. He's growing up. :)

Thanks for sharing. I love seeing the pictures. And Katherine looks so sexy in her bikini on the beach!! Wuhu girl!!

I really hope her eye is improving little by little. I've been praying for that.

Keep fighting!!

Much love,

Desiree

Peggy Dabbs said...

I love all of the pictures! Thank
you for sharing them with us. You
all are a beautiful family!