Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One picture's worth a thousand...



I'm sorry that I've had no time to finish writing anything lately.

Sometimes "Full Time Job" is an inadequate description.

In the meantime, I wanted to share this amazing picture with you. It was sent to me by Lyndsey Williams, a friend of my daughter Amie. She took it at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. After she returned home from her trip, she read the blog entitled "Wasteland Grace." Shortly after, I received a package of beautiful cards with the picture and these words from the post on the front: "Just ahead, I see a little yellow flower of hope, peeping out from beneath a desert rock."

I cried when I saw them.

The by-word on Lyndsey's email is "Hope dies last."


Amen and amen.


***************


"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." (Rom. 5:5)





3 comments:

suzi rocketteu said...

missed you

tatiana said...

when all else is gone, hope still remains....

emily said...

Mrs. Arnold
We studying this last night in bible study and it couldn't be more applicable!

Phil 3: 7-10
But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Always encouraged by your blog and always praying for your family! God is alive and your daughter and family are walking testimonies of His handiwork!